because I always want to remember the sound of my child playing, laughing and singing in her charming little voice; because I want to keep a sweet reflection of my life dreams; because I want to celebrate great relationships; because I want to share little moments that have filled my heart with joy; because I want to tell stories and lessons I have learned, I blog.

Saturday, May 30, 2009

My Weekly Time with God

THANK YOU LIST - Things to be grateful for from the past week:
  1. My cough which allowed me to take extra rest periods physically and mentally
  2. I had a wonderful time with my college best friends. Though it was our despidida dinner for yhen, it also served as an opportunity to manifest care for one another. I would love to read fatty’s text message after our dinner… “And then there were 3. Life is truly full of surprises and twists. Shy, Tonet, may we find strength and inspiration to move on and still keep our sisterhood alive, love u. nyt.” My reply is an affirmation, I said "yes let’s get together more often and keep this alive!"
  3. Pentecost – I heard a very meaningful homily from Fr. Mario Sobrejuanite. He said a lot of good things and few of them really hit me. Worries don’t do anything with the problem but they take away my strength. Worry ends where faith begins. I admit I have been harboring a lot of worries for a long time now. I don’t want to be neurotic but the anxiety keeps growing everyday. Yes, the answer is so simple… I lack faith where I am right now, I need to be redirected back to Jesus, in a true way! As I attended the mass yesterday, I made a decision to receive the Holy Spirit, acknowledged my weaknesses and my tendency to fall to sin and fail Jesus. I am opening my heart and my mind. I am allowing my God to take over, to make me a person inspired by His spirit – gentle, kind, loving, forgiving, patient and joyful!
  4. We finally find time and urge to clean our house! Getting rid of naparaming kalat, basura, things we no longer need gave me a feeling of relief. Nice to breathe clean air and love to look at my clean dresser.
  5. The time spent with abbie and the whole family. There was never a boring moment when abbie is awake! She takes our breath away, makes us laugh our hearts out and amazes us so mmmuuuccch! The way she talks and dances and walks… everything about her is something to be really grateful for!
  6. Kuya letting me borrow Teety - of course this always counts as a blessing! Gives me a lot of comfort and ease. I am able to do personal errands and get home early and be with abbie.


SPECIAL NEEDS - Things to ask God for in the coming week:

  1. I pray that I may keep this desire to rise above my habitual tardiness.
  2. that I receive the fire of the Holy Spirit and keep it burning in my soul. I know my plans need some prodding from the Spirit. There are many things that I like to do and hope for. I know that the only way I can start turning them into reality is by asking for divine guidance so that I can align my plans with God’s greater plans for my life.
  3. that little by little I may strive to be the person I intend to be (gentle, kind, loving, forgiving, patient and joyful) and to treat everyone with kindness and respect – keep my lamp burning by putting more oil in it!
  4. that I may understand my husband’s work schedule
  5. that I may manage well my finances and comply with my list of things to do
  6. that I may start my regular exercise, watch what I eat and consistently devote prayer time before sleep
  7. I ask for providence for our driveway and plot construction project in Cavite. Praying that we find resources and help so we can finish this project. That papa will not be stressed or pressured. I pray that he just be happy, excited and relaxed. That our workers be physically healthy and strong. That weather would be kind enough to allow the cement to dry.
  8. safety and good health for the whole family
  9. more contribution in my work and enough motivation to work on my thesis
  10. more smile on my face and a positive outlook and a steadfast heart

HIDDEN TREASURE - Most important word God told me this week:

Never be afraid! I am with you always and I will not cease loving you! I want you to prosper so I am giving you everything you need. Just look around you, use your gifts and have patience!

No comments:

Post a Comment