because I always want to remember the sound of my child playing, laughing and singing in her charming little voice; because I want to keep a sweet reflection of my life dreams; because I want to celebrate great relationships; because I want to share little moments that have filled my heart with joy; because I want to tell stories and lessons I have learned, I blog.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

jumpstart to a healthier lifestyle

I am making a decision to start living healthily, not solely for my own sake but for the sake of my darling daughter abbie! Life is what we make out of it. We are products of our daily habits. And so I am committing myself to establishing better habits than overeating, slouching, sleeping late, and getting up late (a real daunting task for me), and even procrastinating! Below are the things I’ve started doing and continuously commit to do:

1. thinking healthy, lovely, wonderful, happy thoughts (as peter pan told wendy that happy thoughts will lift you into the air and make you fly!) ‘-) well this is not an easy task but with hope in my heart, I am able to take things lightly and see the brighter side of things. There are stressors, sometimes they’re massive, sometimes provoking, but I know I am bigger than them. After all, happy people are generally healthier than unhappy people.

2. Praying about my concerns and leaving them all to SFJTD box (Something For Jesus To Do)! After all my body is not meant for severe stress! (as my friend posted on her FB wall today: “LESSON 21: DISMISS ALL ANXIETY. Bills? Health? Family? Relationships? Work? DISMISS ALL ANXIETY. Finances? Weight? Appearance? Past? Present? Future? DISMISS ALL ANXIETY. Deadlines? Goals? Things to do? Unfinished business? Indecision? Depression? DISMISS ALL ANXIETY. You think too much. God is in charge.").

3. Convincing myself that consistency or discipline to workout on a regular basis is the key to achieving healthy body! According to studies, it takes 30 days to establish a habit, I am trying to develop a habit so I that going to the gym will be automatic! As of now, I still need to condition myself and patiently encourage myself in the morning to workout! I get to work out 2 to 3 times a week!

4. Keeping a to-do list all the time! Small errands, major goals, weekly plans, office matters, medical check-up, visit to pedia, car maintenance, things to buy, payables, etc. I put them all to writing and free myself from troubles of forgetting!

5. Taking supplements and choosing healthy drinks (alkaline water, soya milk, apple cider vin. cocktail, grape juice, apple carrot juice, fresh milk, cereal drink, white tea, milk tea, green tea!)

6. Sleeping like a baby! Whether it’s a 7 hour or 4 hour sleep, I am able to get a good sleep through the night.

7. And the best of all, playing with our 2 yr old abbie! Bil and I believe we are losing a lot of calories during play time. And we love it so much! Night time is play time. And, weekends are best! It doesn’t matter if I don’t get to rest a lot during these days as long as I get to bring the whole family together for bonding time (hapi day in cavite - as we term it)! Driving is therapeutic! (I like to think so) but it’s better when bill has no work during weekends because it means getting a good break from driving and enjoying the passenger class!

No comments:

Post a Comment